Home » » 6 Beauty Recipes

6 Beauty Recipes


6 Green Beauty Recipes Straight From Your Kitchen

A few years ago I had the realization that I was taking brilliant care of my inner body with an all organic diet, avoiding gluten, dairy and sugar, as well as keeping up my commitment to daily exercise and meditation. But then it dawned on me that I was putting nothing but chemicals onto my body. I was always searching for the latest and greatest in anti-aging skincare, not fully realizing the true damage that I was inflicting on myself.
As we know, our skin is our largest organ and absorbs everything we put on it directly into our bloodstreams…so in order to nourish and support this amazing organ, I set out to give my bathroom a green overhaul. And in the process came up with a few home recipes that I am finding work really well, if not better than the chemical laden stuff of my past. 
Here are a few of my favorites right now:
1. Cleanser: Almonds, Walnuts, Goat milk Powder, Raw Cacao

I combine a few tablespoons of each and grind them in a coffee grinder so they are really fine. Together they create a wonderful exfoliator and cleanser.  I just add some organic rosewater, apply, scrub, and rinse.  I keep a small glass container by the sink and remake this weekly.
2. Toner: White/Green Tea & Organic Rosewater

After steeping the teas, I let them cool.  I then combine them with the rosewater in a small mister bottle.  They create a perfect anti-inflammatory toner, which calms the skin, while providing it with a boost of antioxidants.  You can also use this throughout the day to refresh your skin.  Each batch usually lasts 7-10 days.
3. Mask: Manuka Honey

I slather a nice thick layer of this powerful antibacterial honey on my face, neck, and chest once a week and leave it on for about 15 minutes.  You will look lit from within after and it leaves your skin super soft.
4. Brown Spot Combater:  Lemon Juice

I bring half a lemon up to my bathroom to keep in a glass container for a few days.  Nightly I apply the lemon juice with a Q-tip to any pesky brown/sun spots.  It can sting a bit, but is a wonderful chemical free way to lighten them up.
5. Body Exfoliating Scrub: Coffee, Organic Brown Sugar, Virgin Coconut Oil, Honey

I simply combine 1 cup of each in a bowl that I keep in the shower.
I’ll sometimes add some Epsom Salts and aromatherapy oil/s of my choice.
Use this to exfoliate your entire body once a week, starting with your feet and working your way up.  It ends up being a really effective lymph massage as well.
**Note: this scrub is a bit too harsh for your face.
6. Moisturizer: Virgin Coconut Oil

I apply this while my skin is still wet from the bath or shower, and then reapply in places that need extra moisture like elbows and legs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Healthy Natural - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger