Yara's Flourless Gnocchi with Marinara Sauce

This is my healthy version of a favorite recipe from my trip to Italy’s Amalfi Coast.  Mamma Cristina showed me the rolling technique, then I went home and experimented with ways to reduce the calories and keep the flavor.  I think I succeeded quite well – try it and let me know what you think!

Ingredients:
2 large potatoes
Celtic sea salt
2 tablespoons olive oil

Peel potatoes and boil them until very soft. Drain away the water and return the potatoes to the hot pot. Add salt to taste. Smash the potatoes for about 5 minutes, or until a gluey texture forms. Let cool.
Knead the room temperature dough about 3 minutes until it no longer sticks to your palms. Pinch off 1-inch sections and roll into an oval shape in your palms. Set rolled gnocchi aside.
Heat oil in a cast-iron pan over medium-high heat. Brown the gnocchi on both sides and serve with marinara sauce and chopped fresh herbs.

Marinara Sauce
Ingredients:
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ shot sliced onion
2 cloves chopped garlic
1 cup pureed tomatoes
½ cup water
Celtic sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper
Chopped fresh herbs of your choice (I like thyme, oregano, rosemary and basil)
Heat the oil in a deep pan over medium heat. Saute onion until translucent, about 5 minutes, then add garlic and sauté another minute. Add remaining ingredients and simmer covered over low heat for 10 minutes until the sauce thickens slightly.