Home » » Yummy Cauliflower Poppers

Yummy Cauliflower Poppers

Baked Cauliflower Poppers

When I think of a crunchy salty snack... chips, french fries and carb loaded goodies (everything I have been craving this pregnancy but resisting) come to mind. I recently heard about cauliflower poppers and I knew I had to try them.

I have said before that I am not a big fan of raw cauliflower (yucky) but after I made skinny mashed potatoes using cauliflower I knew it was my new favorite lo-carb substitute.

What you will need:
  • 2 heads of cauliflower
  • 1/4 cup of olive oil
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt
  • 1 teaspoon of pepper
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
  2. Wash and clean the cauliflower. Cut off and discard the stem. Cut the cauliflower up into small pieces.
  3. In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, salt and pepper. Add the cauliflower pieces and thoroughly coat each piece.
  4. Place cauliflower pieces onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for one hour and turn 3 times during cooking until each piece has a nice brown coloring. The browner they are the better.
  5. Remove from oven and enjoy!
I made these on Sunday and my husband loved them! He said they tasted like french fries (I agree). The great part is that you can happily eat the entire batch and not feel guilty at all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Healthy Natural - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger