Home » » DIY Skin Brightener

DIY Skin Brightener

Make Your Own Natural “Skin Brightener”

apple cider toner I saw this recipe at The Daily Green for a DIY Facial Toner with aspirin that promised a BRIGHTER complexion. I personally can’t pass up a promise like that! :-)
Here is what I found:

Apple cider vinegar is naturally antiseptic and antibacterial, and it helps balance the pH of your skin. Apples are loaded with nutrients like potassium, pectin, malic acid and calcium. The fermentation process used to make cider vinegar from the apples fortifies the vitamins and minerals, making them even more powerful.
Aspirin contains salicylic acid which is the most frequently used beta-hydroxy acid when it comes to skin care. It clears away excess oil, cleans out your pores and exfoliates your skin to loosen and help remove dead skin cells. Sounds like a winning combination to me!  (If you have delicate skin, use sparingly.)
apple cider toner
apple cider toner
Ingredients:
1/2 ounce organic apple cider vinegar
3 ounces mineral water (or distilled water)
5 plain aspirin tablets, uncoated (I used BC powders because I couldn’t find plain aspirin ANYWHERE! But I didn’t have to crush them, so that was a bonus.)
Instructions:
1. Dilute 1/2 ounce organic apple cider vinegar with 3 ounces water.
2. Use pestle and mortar to crush aspirin tablets. (or use BC powders)
3. Add aspirin tablet mixture to water and vinegar mix.
4. Apply toner sparingly to areas with acne, rough skin or enlarged pores. The solution will stay fresh for one month in the refrigerator.
apple cider toner
I have dry skin so when I tried this…I used it sparingly. I used it after I washed my face…and before I put moisturizer on. While I didn’t see any NOTICEABLE “brightening” (I’m guessing it takes more than one application)….I did like the way it made my skin feel and will continue to use it.- Tiffany

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Healthy Natural - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger