Home » » 5 Simple Ways To Start Your Day With Greens

5 Simple Ways To Start Your Day With Greens

5 Simple Ways To Start Your Day With Greens
Whenever I start my day with green vegetables, a cool wave of relief washes over me, because I know I’ve fueled my body properly to be productive and focused. I like to think of it as a security system for getting enough produce into my diet and keeping my body clean and light. 
Vegetables, especially at breakfast, can be intimidating, or just plain unsettling for some. I’m here to show you how easy it can be.
There are so many different ways to get the green stuff into your morning meal; how you do it just depends on your individual type. Experiment this week and find out what works for you! A nutritious breakfast can be convenient and delicious. Try the following five methods for sneaking vegetables in and still making it to work on time:
1. The classic green smoothie

Blending is one of the easiest ways to integrate vegetables into your breakfast. My favorite smoothie is fresh baby kale (milder flavor), pineapple, strawberries, banana and coconut milk. Pineapple is a great balance for the stronger flavor of kale.

2. Prep and scramble

If you prepare a large batch of your favorite veggies at the beginning of the week, you can easily make egg or tofu scrambles on weekday mornings. I love the combination of mushrooms, onions and greens.

3. Frittata

Make a big frittata at the beginning of the week and refrigerate it in portions for your busy work mornings. My favorite recipe involves kale and sweet potatoes. I just warm my portion in the oven while I get ready for the day.

4. Green juice

Add a green juice to your routine! Whether you juice for the whole week on Sundays or grab one on the go from your favorite bar, make a point of downing one daily.

5. Two words: avocado toast

Toast your favorite whole grain or gluten-free bread, mash avocado on it, add arugula and garnish with salt, pepper and olive oil – fantastic breakfast in five minutes flat. Add a green juice on the side for extra points.
Which one of these will you try? Let me know!

Photo Credit: Shutterstock.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Healthy Natural - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger