DIY Banana Egg Moisturizing Mask
Banana and Egg Facial Mask offers a combination of two (2) of nature's best sources of nutrients for the skin.
Best to keep skin young and healthy, rejuvenate dry, matured, and stressed skin, and to regularly care for sensitive skin, this facial mask is also very easy to make and is equally proven to truly care for the skin both inside and out.
Skin Nutrients in Banana and Egg.
A ripe banana’s sweet and creamy flesh contains high levels of skin nutrients, including:1
- Vitamin B6, or Pyridoxine, a water-soluble vitamin which plays an important role in the metabolism of amino acids, i.e., from their synthesis to breakdown, and is essential for the treatment of skin inflammations;2
- Vitamin C, or Ascorbic Acid, which protects the skin cells from the damaging effects of free radicals and stimulates the production of collagen, which is the protein fibers that help to keep the skin firm;
- Manganese, which is a trace mineral that helps to synthesize fatty acids and metabolize carbohydrates and proteins, important for energy production, activates the enzymes that enable the utilization of other key skin nutrients like Vitamin B1 (Thiamine), Vitamin C, and Vitamin E, and is needed for collagen formation in skin cells;3 and,
- Potassium, which is a mineral that helps in the growth of new skin cells.
Egg whites are high in fatty acids, which enable them to moisturize the skin and promote the repair of damage in the skin’s moisture barrier, and egg yolks offer high levels of proteins, that are helpful in keeping the skin cells in good shape, plus vitamins and minerals, especially Vitamin B, that are essential for the healthy metabolism of the skin cells.
Banana and Egg Facial Mask.
To nourish and moisturize the skin, combat skin dryness that’s associated with intensely cold weather conditions of all skin types, and to brighten, firm, and soften sensitive skin.
- 1/2 ripe Banana, peeled, cut into small pieces, and mashed
1/2 Egg yolk
Powder 4 spoons(pearl powder or clay or wheat flour or mineral)
Preparation: Add the mashed banana onto the egg yolk and mix them properly. Slowly add the powder, making the sure that the facial mask does not get too thick.
Application: Spread an even layer on the face, and let it sit for 15 minutes. Wash off with warm water.
1Bananas. http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=7 Accessed: December 26, 2011.
2Mahmood Syed Faheem. Vitamin B6. http://dynamicnaturesite.blogspot.com/2009/01/vitamin-b6.html Accessed: December 26, 2011.
3Mineral Nutrient: Manganese. http://www.healthsupplementsnutritionalguide.com/Manganese.html Accessed: December 26, 2011.